Embark on a profound journey into the depths of your feminine soul with Dr. Amanda Hanson, a visionary clinical psychologist and transformational coach. Amanda leads this revolutionary event that transcends conventional norms, inviting you to master the art of feminine energy. Liberate yourself from societal constraints and rediscover the true essence of womanhood beyond superficial perceptions—a transformative path to becoming the feminine mystic.
The retreat transcends a mere gathering, offering a profound journey of self-discovery, an immersive exploration of the ancient wisdom of womanhood, and a deep reconnection with one’s inner femininity. With more than 25 years of clinical expertise, Dr. Amanda seamlessly blends psychology with time-honored holistic practices. She skillfully guides women through trauma release, empowering them to reclaim a secure space within the embrace of feminine energy.
Engage in enlightening lectures, transformative meditations, empowering movement practices, ancient rituals, and therapeutic conversations that guide you to
- Access your internal guidance system, allowing for a deeper connection with your true self
- Rediscover a sense of safety and empowerment in your feminine energy
- Redefine your understanding of womanhood—paving the way for life restructuring with self-honor at the core
- Break the chains of generational traumas, accessing a transformative journey previously untapped
- Experience a newfound sense of calm, security, and clarity, connecting with your senses and survival instincts
- Imprint the essence of safe womanhood, embracing your feminine energy with a sense of empowerment.
Join us in embracing your feminine power and embark on this transformative journey towards radiant self-love.
Recommended (but not required) reading Women Who Run with the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estés.
This retreat is open to women aged 21 and above only.
Healing Through Feminine Practices
An Immersion into the Ancient Wisdom of Womanhood
June 20–23, 2024
Subject to change.
Thursday 7:30–9:00 pm
Friday 10 am–1 pm and 2:30–4:30 pm
Saturday 10 am–1 pm and 2:30–4:30 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike* | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 11:00 am–7:00 pm Friday & Saturday
Hand Building $55 | 1 hour
- 9:00 | 10:45 am Sunday
Wheel Throwing $75 all guests; glazing and shipping are included | semi-private class | 75 minutes
Wednesday 11:00–8:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am–2:00 pm
We encourage you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness at least two weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure availability. Please call 828.264.8382 for details. Additional cost.
Rooms & Pricing
Private Hotel Room
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
- King bed or two full beds
- Flat screen TV
- Private bath
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily delicious vegetarian meals
- Complimentary tea/coffee & fresh fruit
- Daily yoga & meditation classes
- Access to fitness & steam rooms
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50/per person processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50/per person processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.