The Silent Retreat provides optimal conditions for going deep within, quieting mental chatter, and experiencing profound rest and inner silence. The practice of silence —of consciously withdrawing energy and attention from outer distraction—has been used in different traditions throughout time as a pathway to physical, mental, and spiritual renewal.
This program combines the Happiness Retreat and several days of silent contemplation with unique guided meditations as well as advanced breathing techniques. The first two days include various talking processes, which actually deepen your experience of silence. You will also take home a beautiful practice to sustain inner quiet and peace in daily life.
Why take 3-4 days out of your busy life for a meditation retreat?
These few days make the rest of your year more alive, productive and full of energy. When you emerge, you feel recharged and refreshed, ready to take on all your responsibilities with greater focus and joy.
- Get much-needed rest in an all-inclusive guided retreat.
- Go deeper with advanced guided meditations, silent inquiry and rejuvenating yoga.
- Emerge rejuvenated.
Your whole stay is carefully guided and crafted to give you as relaxing and transformative an experience possible. There’s morning yoga, nature walks in the mountains, delicious plant-based dining and a supportive atmosphere for your inner journey. It’s no wonder that many course participants refer to it as the ideal vacation for body, mind, and spirit.
Art of Living faculty are teachers from all over the world who integrate their passion for teaching with a dedication to service of others. Inspired by their own personal experiences of transformation and joy, our teachers blend ancient, timeless wisdom with contemporary approaches to well-being to bring you a heart-based approach rooted in the authentic, effective techniques of Ayurveda, meditation, and breathwork—the very best of health and wellness.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
Call for More Details
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.