Give to Happiness and Well-Being
Since 1981, the Art of Living Foundation—a non-profit, educational and humanitarian organization founded by the world-renowned humanitarian and spiritual teacher Sri Sri Ravi Shankar—has been guided by Gurudev’s philosophy, “Unless we have a stress-free mind and a violence-free society, we cannot achieve world peace.”
For more than a decade, the Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) in Boone, North Carolina, has been bringing the gifts of meditation, mindfulness, Ayurveda, and yoga to those here in the United States and beyond. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to reawaken the human values of compassion, love, togetherness, joy, and harmony in order to realize a true representation of a one-world family—a place that unites people from all walks of life in the spirit of wisdom, celebration, and service to the world.
Over the years, we have hosted several magical Guru Purnimas, countless knowledge series with Gurudev, hundreds of educational, inspirational, and transformative programs led by our expert faculty and invited guest presenters—teachers, authors, and luminaries in the fields of self-discovery, health, and wellness.
Current and Future Initiatives
With your support, we have been able to accomplish the following renovation projects and upgrades to the property over the last year:
- Paving of the road along Rock Cliff from Dining Hall to Spa and along Whispering Hills Road and lines marked on the road.
- Floatation tank installation.
- 52 retreat rooms converted to hotel-style rooms.
- Installing RFID locks on all guest rooms on campus.
As we look forward, we are excited to embark on several capital projects that promise to enhance our Center significantly. Below are a few of these special projects, along with the funds needed to implement those projects.
- Renovating the Euphrates Building—which was struck by lightning—for guest lodging. ($1.5M)
- Creating a serene nature trail for walking, meditation, and contemplation. ($250,000)
- Developing comfortable outdoor seating spaces for community building and relaxation. ($50,000)
- Installing new Dining Hall windows to replace older, considerably degraded ones. ($150,000)
- Implementing new boilers in our lodging buildings to replace aging and non-functioning furnaces. ($120,000)
- Launching a renewable energy project with solar panels, reaffirming our commitment to sustainability. ($75,000)
These projects are not just new initiatives—they are steps towards transforming the Art of Living Retreat Center into a sanctuary where individuals can find peace, healing, and a sense of community.
If you’ve been here before, you know the importance of coming to the Center and being nurtured by knowledge, tranquility, nourishing food, and the natural beauty of our incredible campus. Those who’ve participated in our programs, workshops, satsangs, and retreats know that holistic health, self-discovery, inner exploration, and true happiness is transformative. The power of Ayurveda and meditation to get us—and the world—through difficult times cannot be overstated.
Your gift allows us to continue sharing our gifts with those in need of support, guidance, empowerment, and peace.
If at all possible, please consider a generous tax-deductible donation today. And, be sure to let us know if your employer has a matching gift program. Thank you!