for High Country
Residents & Students
Local Pricing $365
Student Pricing $265
Create Lasting Happiness
We’re very excited to offer our Signature Happiness Retreat to High Country residents and students! You’ll experience the world-renowned SKY Breath program, meditation and yoga sessions, and learn stress-reducing tools and techniques to access the present moment and tap into your inner power and abiding happiness.
- Fees include retreat tuition and lunch on the second and final day of the retreat. Accommodations are not included.
- Locals must provide a valid ID with a High Country address at check-in.
- Students must provide valid student ID from a college located in the High Country region at check-in.
Retreats are offered weekly, either mid-week Wednesday to Friday or weekend Friday to Sunday sessions.
Proven techniques to significantly increase well-being mentally and physically, including Sudarshan Kriya Yoga—a powerful breathing practice.
Numerous scientific studies have shown that SKY provides a comprehensive range of significant benefits. Not only does it help with relaxation, but SKY practice settles the mind directly to the deepest state of pure awareness. You’ll experience immediate, positive shifts in your energy, clarity, and state of mind.
Practical ancient wisdom for dealing with conflict and triumphing over life's hurdles.
The mind is often focused on the past or future with unproductive, repetitive thoughts, worries, and regrets that make you less aware, less authentic, and less connected with others. With mindfulness practice, you’ll gain greater awareness allowing you to consciously reframe negative thinking to more positive perspectives—learning to let go and live with more joy in life.
Yoga and meditation to open the heart, strengthen the body, clear the mind, and lift the spirit.
Practicing the physical postures of yoga can improve strength, flexibility, and circulation, while meditation keeps the mind sharp, relieves stress, and may even strengthen your immune system. Essentially, every body part is revitalized and nurtured providing you with more energy and mental clarity.
Mindful meditations, yoga, and breathing practices to help you rest, relax, and get a good night’s sleep.
Some of the most beneficial aspects of yoga are the minute changes that come about as you stretch into a pose and come back to your body at the end of a busy day. As a matter of face, a national survey by Harvard Medical School showed that over 55% of the people who did yoga found it helped them get better sleep. Meditation allows you to let go of your day and rest your mind, easing into restfulness.
Tools and practices to help you connect more deeply and easily with others, so you can enjoy happier relationships with old friends and new.
When you’re less stressed and happier, you more easily notice and appreciate the good in life and in others. When we slow down and tune into our bodies and minds, we become more self-aware. This kind of understanding of ourselves helps us step back and evaluate our reactions and their impacts. You’ll also benefit from the teachings of love, gratitude, and kindness that remind you to appreciate more deeply and live mindfully.
Self-care and breathing practices proven to positively affect immune function.
Ayurveda has been naturally supporting immune health for thousands of years—treating the body and mind with balanced nutrition, exercise, yoga, meditation, herbal and mineral support, and the creation of balance at mental, emotional, and spiritual levels. The breathing practices introduced in our Happiness Program have been found helpful in for a wide variety of diseases and disorders by reducing stress and anxiety, chronic pain, blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and much, much more.
Please note, because we want to ensure you get the full experience, attending all of these sessions is important.
Session 1 7:30–9:30 pm The Secret of the Breath
Session 2 7:30–8:30 am Morning Yoga
Session 3 10:00 am–1:00 pm The Rhythms of Life
Session 4 5:15–6:30 pm Deepening Our Experience
Session 5 7:30–8:30 am Morning Yoga
Session 6 10:00 am–1:00 pm New Start: Home Practice
Guided nature walks, Ayurveda cooking demos, pottery classes, and other on-campus activities can be booked at Reception upon arrival.
7:30–9:30 am Breakfast
12:00–1:30 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00–7:30 pm Dinner
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50/per person processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50/per person processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
We are committed to the safety of our guests and staff. Our mountaintop location and the surrounding areas are spacious, remote, safe, and secure.
- It is safe to leave your windows open—and necessary for proper airflow!
- Nature surrounds our campus, and it’s common to see rabbits, deer, gophers, wild turkeys, and other small animals. Please give them space, and they’ll do the same for you. We’ve never had a safety incident with animals on campus.
You can help!
- If you come across an animal on campus or a trail, give it space, and please do not attempt to pet or feed it.
- There’s no need to bring valuables to the retreat center; leaving them at home is best.