Unleash Your Inner Radiance
Prepare to embark on an extraordinary voyage of self-discovery and healing, where you’ll reconnect with the radiant, whole, and divine essence that is your birthright. Guided by the esteemed author, coach, and soul midwife, Ruthie Lindsey, this transformative retreat promises an experience that transcends the confines of societal norms.
Throughout this empowering weekend,
- Discover Liberation Through Expression Break free from the constraints of societal conditioning and embrace your authentic self. Our focus is on unleashing your true voice, reclaiming your intrinsic worth, and honoring your sacred temple—your body.
- Find Radical Self-Love Explore the art of radical self-love through immersive practices like embodiment exercises, meditation, and transformative shadow work. Embrace and nurture all aspects of yourself, including those you were once taught to reject.
- Reconnect with Your Body Experience the joy of inhabiting your body through movement, dance, and emotional release techniques. Drop the limitations imposed by society and reconnect with your innate sensuality.
- Unlearn and Remember Through the power of evocative writing prompts, meditation, and the support of a nurturing community, shed the stories of brokenness and recall your inherent worth, simply for being your authentic self.
- Learn Integration Practices Each teaching incorporates embodiment exercises to ensure that the knowledge you gain becomes an intrinsic part of your being—moving beyond mere understanding into deep embodiment.
- Gain Tools for Self-Love Depart from the retreat armed with practical tools for cultivating self-love and compassion. Bid farewell to overthinking and enter a realm of profound embodiment and presence.
By the conclusion of this weekend, you will possess a profound comprehension of the conditioning that led you to believe something was wrong with you and the tools and wisdom required to unlearn these stories and fully embrace the radiant being that resides within.
Join us on this remarkable journey of self-discovery and healing. Reclaim your divine essence, wholeheartedly embrace self-love, and step into a life filled with authenticity, joy, and liberation.
This retreat is open to all, regardless of your background or experience. No matter where you are on your journey, you are welcome here.
Ruthie Lindsey is the author of the memoir There I Am, The Journey From Hopelessness To Healing. She is also a coach, speaker, and a midwife of souls–helping people feel endeared to their own life, body and soul.
Rooms & Pricing
Private Hotel Room
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
- King bed or two full beds
- Flat screen TV
- Private bath
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily delicious vegetarian meals
- Complimentary tea/coffee & fresh fruit
- Daily yoga & meditation classes
- Access to fitness & steam rooms
The Sacred Rebel Retreat
Learning to Love Every Part of Yourself
April 12–14, 2024
Subject to change.
Friday 7:30–10:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike* | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 11:00 am–7:00 pm Friday & Saturday
Hand Building $55 | 1 hour
- 9:00 | 10:45 am Sunday
Wheel Throwing $75 all guests; glazing and shipping are included | semi-private class | 75 minutes
Wednesday 11:00–8:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am–2:00 pm
We encourage you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness at least two weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure availability. Please call 828.264.8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50/per person processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50/per person processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
We are committed to the safety of our guests and staff. Our mountaintop location and the surrounding areas are spacious, remote, safe, and secure.
- It is safe to leave your windows open—and necessary for proper airflow!
- Nature surrounds our campus, and it’s common to see rabbits, deer, gophers, wild turkeys, and other small animals. Please give them space, and they’ll do the same for you. We’ve never had a safety incident with animals on campus.
You can help!
- If you come across an animal on campus or a trail, give it space, and please do not attempt to pet or feed it.
- There’s no need to bring valuables to the retreat center; leaving them at home is best.