Live Longer, Live Better
Recent advances in nutritional science show how a proper diet can slow aging, reverse common health conditions, and enhance longevity.
This interactive seminar with physician and seven-time New York Times best-selling author Dr. Joel Fuhrman gives you the education and emotional skills needed to implement a healthy diet for the rest of your life. Dr. Fuhrman also trains practitioners to motivate and empower patients to follow this information and maintain progress with their conditions.
Food is truly the most effective medicine.
—Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Through lectures, Q&A, and discussion, you learn
- The basics of longevity science
- How to avoid toxins, dangerous foods, and harmful medicine
- Superfoods, supplements, and herbs that slow aging and prevent cancer
- The hows and whys of instinctual and time-restricted eating
- Importance of sleep, exercise, visualization/meditation, and shockwave therapy in aging.
You’ll leave with a greater understanding of nutritional science and actionable steps to apply to your life or your patients’.
Open to all.
Recommended Reading Eat for Life.
Discover cutting-edge nutritional science that reverses heart disease, cancers, autoimmune disorders, and diabetes and slows aging.
Learn which foods promote recovery from depression, gastrointestinal disorders, hypertension, migraines, fibromyalgia, and more.
Access key information and practical food preparation knowledge that makes healthy food taste fantastic.
Identify and remove physical symptoms that drive overeating behaviors and cause weight fluctuation.
Gain clarity on the type of life you want and receive the help and guidance necessary to get it.
Learn how to comfortably stick to a healthful and effective diet—and enjoy making it work!
Joel Fuhrman, MD, is a board-certified family physician, New York Times bestselling author, and nutritional researcher who has specialized in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional methods for more than 30 years. …
Rooms & Pricing
Private Hotel Room
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
- King bed or two full beds
- Flat Screen TV
- Private Bath
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily Delicious Vegetarian Meals
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee & Fresh Fruit
- Daily Yoga & Meditation Classes
- Access to Gym & Steam Rooms
The Ultimate Longevity Workshop
Prevent and Reverse Disease and Maintain Excellent Health until 100!
November 9–12, 2023
Subject to change.
Thursday 7:30–9:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 11:00 am–7:00 pm Friday & Saturday
Hand Building $55 | 1 hour
Wednesday 2:00–8:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am–2:00 pm
We encourage you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness at least two weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure availability. Please call 828.264.8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation on our tranquil mountaintop campus set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina.