Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt are bestselling authors who have developed a transformative method for supporting couples, called Imago Relationship Therapy. They will guide you and your partner towards a truly fulfilling partnership—restoring passion and hope so that you can feel whole together.
Through a range of techniques included within the Imago method, including witness demonstrations; lectures, and one-on-one practice, you’ll
- Develop effective and loving communication skills
- Uncover the source of frustrations within your relationship
- Learn a step-by-step process for transforming conflict into connection
- Experience true safety with your partner, and feel genuinely appreciated
- Discover the potential of your relationship as a vessel for passion, healing, wholeness and spiritual growth.
You will both take home the skills to nurture and improve your relationship on a daily basis — so that your love can be liberating and free from conflict.
This workshop is for couples to attend together.
Harville Hendrix Ph.D and Helen LaKelly Hunt Ph.D are couples’ therapists with a collective experience of over forty years. Harville is an educator, clinical trainer and lecturer whose work has been featured on Oprah seventeen times; and Helen is the bestselling author of Faith and Feminism and And the Spirit Moved Them. Together, they created the Imago Relationship Therapy technique and teach through workshops, training programs and seminars around the world—as well as co-authoring the New York Times bestselling books Getting the Love You Want and Keeping the Love You Find. …
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are per person.)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
Getting the Love You Want: A Workshop for Couples
October 23–25, 2020
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am–12:00 pm, 2:00–5:00 pm, and 7:30–9:00 pm
Sunday 9:00–12:00 pm (Room check-out is 11:00 am; luggage can be held at reception)
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
7:30–9:30 am Breakfast
12:00–2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00–7:30 pm Dinner
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
|7:30–8:30 am||Hatha Yoga Class | Gita Hall; during program dates only.|
|9:45–10:45 am and 4:15–5:15 pm||Hatha Yoga Class | Sattva Studio|
|11:00 am–12:00 pm||Mind and Meditation Session | Sattva Studio|
|1:30–2:00 pm||Yoga Nidra | Sattva Studio; Saturdays and Sundays only.|
|2:00–3:15 pm||Property Tour | Starts at Reception; Saturdays only.|
|1:30–2:30 pm and 3:00–4:00 pm||Guided Nature Walk | Starts at Reception; Saturdays only.|
|5:30–6:00 pm||Guided Meditation Session | Sattva Studio|
|7:30–8:15 pm||Meditative Chant/Kirtan | Gita Hall|
|8:30–10:00 pm||Bonfire | Below Veda 2 Weather permitting; Saturdays only.|
Ayurveda Spa Appointments (Additional Cost)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details.
Clay Studio Appointments
Our Clay Studio is open Thursday–Sunday; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appointment. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped home as well (additional cost). Please contact our Front Desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.