Are you ready to deepen the connection you experience within your intimate relationship? Do you feel that there is more to love — and you want to reach the next level?
Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt are bestselling authors who have developed a transformative method for supporting couples, called Imago Relationship Therapy. They will guide you and your partner towards a truly fulfilling partnership — restoring passion and hope so that you can feel whole together.
Through a range of techniques included within the Imago method, including witness demonstrations; lectures, and one-on-one practice, you will:
- Develop effective and loving communication skills
- Uncover the source of frustrations within your relationship
- Learn a step-by-step process for transforming conflict into connection
- Experience true safety with your partner, and feel genuinely appreciated
- Discover the potential of your relationship as a vessel for passion, healing, wholeness and spiritual growth
You will both take home the skills to nurture and improve your relationship on a daily basis — so that your love can be liberating and free from conflict.
This workshop is for couples to attend together.
Harville Hendrix Ph.D and Helen LaKelly Hunt Ph.D are couples’ therapists with a collective experience of over forty years. Harville is an educator, clinical trainer and lecturer whose work has been featured on Oprah seventeen times; and Helen is the bestselling author of Faith and Feminism and And the Spirit Moved Them. Together, they created the Imago Relationship Therapy technique and teach through workshops, training programs and seminars around the world — as well as co-authoring the New York Times bestselling books Getting the Love You Want and Keeping the Love You Find. The pair have been married for more than thirty years, and have six children. They believe that how we interact with each other is the key to our emotional, physical and economic wellbeing; and they envision a shift in which the relationship, rather than the individual, becomes the primary value system of culture.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Getting the Love You Want: A Workshop for Couples
October 25th-27th, 2019
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Friday 7:30-9:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am-12:00 pm; 2:00 -5:00 pm; 7:30-9:00 pm
Sunday 9:00-12:00 pm (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
3:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 3:00pm, but if you arrive early we will hold luggage at Reception.
6:00-7:00 pm Dinner
7:00-7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Optional Onsite Activities
We hope you enjoy your stay with us at the Art of Living Retreat Center. While here, we invite you to immerse in the quiet peace of the Blue Ridge Mountains and connect with yourself. Apart from the activities in your program schedule, there are also opportunities to join daily yoga and meditation classes, restorative Ayurvedic spa treatments, guided hiking trails, pottery classes, evening Kirtans, the outdoor labyrinth or the weekly Bonfire. Here are more details for your stay:
Optional Complimentary Activities (Please join only if above mentioned Program schedule permits)
7:30-8:30 am Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall) During Program Dates only
9:45-10:45 am/4:15-5:15 pm Hatha Yoga Class (Venue: Geeta Hall)
11:00 am-12:00 pm Mind and Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
1:30-2:00 pm Yoga Nidra (Venue: Geeta Hall) Saturdays and Sundays only
2:00-3:15 pm Property Tour (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
1:30-2:30 pm/3:00-4:00 pm Guided Nature Walk (Starts at Reception) Saturdays only
5:30-6:00 pm Guided Meditation Session (Venue: Geeta Hall)
7:30-8:15 pm Meditative Chant/Kirtan (Venue: Geeta Hall)
8:30-10:00 pm Bonfire (Below Veda 2; Weather permitting) Saturdays Only
7:30-9:30 am Breakfast
12:00-2:00 pm Lunch (included on your departure day)
6:00-7:30 pm Dinner
Ayurveda Spa Appointments
We invite you to also make reservations at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Spa before arrival, in order to ensure availability. Please call (828) 264-8382 for details.
Our Clay Studio is open Thu-Sun; Hand-building classes and Throwing classes are available by appt. Clay pieces can be glazed and shipped back as well. Please contact our front desk to make an appointment.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; Please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS…It will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, AOLRC signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however guests may enjoy these items in their rooms. That being said our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy and nuts.