These gluten-free muffins are a great substitute for cupcakes—full of potassium and deliciousness!
- Flax “eggs” (a mixture of 1 tbsp flax seed meal and 2.5 tbsp water)—these work the same as regular chicken eggs!
- 1/2 cup organic milk or organic almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup granulated or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup mashed organic banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or organic ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Mash bananas and add to coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, milk and flax eggs. Mix all the dry ingredients together, and add them to the wet mixture. Mix well, pour into lined muffin tins; bake 20–25 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Try not to eat them all in one day! (but we won’t judge.)