According to cookbook author Arman Liew of The Big Man’s World, these award-winning vegan chocolate chip cookies are perfectly soft, chewy, and the BEST recipe ever.
Recipe: Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar (can also use coconut palm sugar)
1/3 cup coconut oil softened like butter, NOT melted
1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk can substitute for any non-dairy milk of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a large tray or a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars with coconut oil and whisk well, until glossy. Add in your unsweetened milk of choice and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add in your sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix very well, until a dough remains.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in your vegan chocolate chips. (Save some to put on top of the cookies before baking!)
- Form 12-15 balls of dough using either a cookie scoop (2 inches) or a large spoon. Place them on the lined tray and top with extra chocolate chips. Bake for 11-11 minutes, until the edges have gone slightly golden.
Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray completely.
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature, for up to five days. Please ensure the cookies have cooled completely first, otherwise, they will become soft and limp.
Freeze by placing cooled cookies in a Ziplock bag and label it six months from the date they are made—that’s how long they will keep for! To enjoy cookies from the freezer, allow thawing at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.