Health & Safety Updates
The Art of Living Retreat Center takes the health and safety of our guests, staff, and volunteers very seriously. As such, we’ve been closely monitoring information on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak being broadcast from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the NC Department of Health and Human Services. Our number one priority is the well-being of our community.
We continue to take all the precautionary measures recommended by CDC, and thankfully have not yet identified the virus within our community. Our staff members are all healthy and safe, and we continue to do our best to provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
We are confident that with the safety and health protocols being followed by our faculty and staff, the Art of Living Retreat Center is a place where our guests can gather safely for rest and relaxation. How have we prepared?
- In compliance with CDC travel guidelines, all guests are required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination OR a lab certified Covid-19 test that produced negative results within 72 hours of your arrival.
- Guests are required to check-in one at a time, answer screening questions, and sign a health waiver.
- Enhanced cleanliness procedures have been implemented with EPA approved disinfectants for all areas on the property including public areas and guest rooms. Our staff follow a new vigorous cleaning and disinfecting process, paying special attention to high-touch areas such as light switches and door handles.
- Face masks are optional for all spaces on our property.
- Guests on property will be monitored for symptoms and possible exposure on a daily basis. If they show any symptoms, they will be asked to leave the premises and seek medical advice immediately.
- Staff will be screened for symptoms and required to sign waivers certifying their health and freedom from possible exposure to the Coronavirus. Staff who have been exposed to or show symptoms related to COVID-19 will be asked to leave the property and seek medical advice immediately.
- Our entire staff is participating in the Count on Me NC program announced by AppHealthcare—a training program for all employees on safe operations during times of COVID-19.
- We’ll continue to monitor the State of North Carolina, Watauga County, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)—incorporating any updated guidelines into our practices and procedures.
- Revising our housekeeping processes—housekeeping staff will enter guest rooms only after checkout. Our staff will follow a new vigorous cleaning and disinfecting process, paying special attention to high-touch areas in such as light switches and door handles.
- Enhanced physical distancing protocols have been implemented throughout the property, including at the time of check-in, in the dining hall, during yoga and meditation classes and other other workshops.
- We offer plenty of indoor and outdoor dining venues so that guests are not confined to a dining room setting. For guests who choose to eat in the Dining Hall, enhanced physical distancing procedures will be implemented. If we have a large number of guests, we will implement staggered meal times to reduce the number of guests in the Dining Hall at any one time. Guests will always have the option to choose to-go meals to eat outside or in their rooms.
- Sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the property, as well as enhanced signage throughout the property as reminders to maintain physical distancing and personal hygiene. Six-feet markers are also placed wherever lines may form.
We encourage you to follow these sound hygiene practices:
- Visit the CDC website for suggested prevention tips.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and/or nose when you cough or sneeze (with a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hand).
- Avoid physical contact that may transmit germs—refrain from shaking hands, hugging, etc.
- Honor social distancing protocols throughout the facility.
As always, we’re here to answer any questions you may have about your upcoming (or potentially upcoming) stay at the Art of Living Retreat Center. Don’t hesitate to call us at 800.392.6870, or contact us at [email protected].