This recipe will make you feel as brightly alive as spring itself. The vibrant orange color of sweet potato and carrot, along with the touch of green spinach, makes this dish a fresh and warm combination for spring.
As the spring arrives, your body starts to warm up and detoxify itself, leaving you craving healthy and crunchy food. The combination of spinach and sweet potato makes this dish a healthy choice for your spring lunch or dinner, as it helps in digestion, detoxification, and easy bowel movements. It even helps in balancing blood sugar levels!
The addition of ginger makes this recipe even more appropriate for spring, with its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties working wonders in our gut.
- 1/2 lb spinach, chopped and washed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, mineral salt to taste
1. Heat one cup of water in a pan, and add the spinach. Add a pinch of salt and allow it to cook until the spinach leaves are slightly wilted. Drain out the water and set the spinach in a colander.
2. Put the sweet potato in a saucepan with just enough water to cover it. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the cubes are tender but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the ghee or oil in a frying pan, and add grated ginger and cumin. Saute for a few seconds, until aromatic, and then add the carrots. Cook for 2 minutes, and then add the spinach and potato. Toss well to coat. Season with salt if needed.
Tip: Pair this delicious dish with fresh ginger tea to speed up the digestion process and aid in detoxification!
Interested in learning more about Ayurveda and the programs at the Art of Living Retreat Center? Check out our annual catalog here!