View a listing of all our programs, workshops, and events—including our best-selling Happiness Retreat, Silent Meditation Retreat, and Ayurveda Wellness Cleanses.
Agni (digestive fire) tends to dial down in summer as heat moves away from the core to the periphery, keeping the body cool.
If agni weakens, we run the risk of depleting the balance of healthy bacteria in the gut.
Overheating in summer tends to lead to irritability. When we experience anxiety, depression, or other stressful emotions, we kill off our beneficial bacteria and create an environment for harmful bacteria to grow and thrive.
A lack of beneficial bacteria and a surplus of harmful bacteria are a recipe for rogya (poor health).
This recipe provides probiotics from coconut milk yogurt and digestive enzymes (bromelain) from pineapple.
We receive nourishment and cleansing from strawberries and stimulations of secretions in the stomach and digestive tract organs from lemon.
Mint is digestive and refreshing!
Here are some things you can do to contribute to a colony of healthy, helpful bacteria:
- Favor organic, fresh, whole foods
- Eat seasonally
- Make use of spices in your cooking
- Eat in a calm manner and chew your food well
- Practice proper food combining
- Go for a short walk after your meal
- Avoid fast food
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid microwaved or frozen food
- Avoid food from bags, boxes, cans
- Avoid genetically modified foods
- Give thanks before you eat
- Drink enough water throughout the day, but sip only small amounts when eating. (Read Be In the Know About H2O for tips about staying hydrated!)
Populate your palate with this probiotic parfait!
RECIPE: Probiotic Parfait
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
1/2-1 tablespoon lemon juice
1.5 cups unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
Sprigs of peppermint for garnish
LET’S DO THIS!
- Stir the lemon juice into the yogurt.
- Add layers of yogurt/pineapple/strawberries into parfait glasses until you reach the top.
- Garnish with a sprig of peppermint and enjoy!
Small Group Inquiry Request
Note: You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your inquiry.
Our peak season runs April–November, so space fills up quickly during that time.