Considering becoming a yoga teacher?
A desire to become a yoga teacher, in itself, is a blessing. By becoming a yoga teacher, you learn to take proper care of yourself and teach others to take proper care of themselves. It’s a great way to rapidly progress on a spiritual path. You get a better understanding of yourself. Teaching yoga, in its true spirit, is a great service to humanity. It’s also a way to earn some income and support yourself.
Where do you go for yoga teacher training?
There are thousands of yoga training programs available worldwide. The Yoga Scriptures say to “Learn yoga under a master”.
You must ask yourself a few questions: Why do you want to become a yoga teacher? What is it about yoga that interests you the most? Are you interested in just teaching, or also in your own spiritual growth?
If your interest lies only in the physical aspects of yoga, then with a little research, you could choose almost any school of yoga in the world. However, if, in addition to learning the Asanas properly, you also want to understand and experience the true meaning of yoga, be able to impart that experience to your students, and develop a meaningful discipline of yoga for your personal spiritual growth, then you need to be very precise in your selection. The most important question then becomes this: who is the guiding light in that school of yoga?
Drinking from the source
Your mind and spirit are both unknown and unseen. To understand and experience them, you need the guidance of a spiritual master. Just as a dedicated scientist discovers the hidden secrets of the physical realm of our existence, a devout spiritual seeker uncovers many mysteries hidden in the unseen field of our existence. Such enlightened masters are very rare.
Learning yoga from a school in which the guiding source is a living enlightened master is like drinking water from the river at the origin, where it is pure and fresh. The knowledge and practices that come directly from the master are free from polluted interpretations and distortions.
The Sri Sri School of Yoga
At the Sri Sri School of Yoga, you will learn:
- authentic yoga in its purest form
- sequences of Asanas with variations and modifications that are suitable for all levels of yoga students
- principles of creating your own sequences
- anatomy of Asanas
- Asanas for many different physical conditions
- proper practice of Asanas that benefit the mind, body, and spirit
- deep relaxation techniques
- an exploration of the different layers of your existence
- how to make your mind more flexible and strong so it can pass through the seasons of life with skill and a smile
- proper practice of many different pranayamas, and how they influence the different chakras and different dimensions of your mind
- the science of prana, chakras, and bandhas and their relationship with Asanas
- the Sanskrit names and proper pronunciations of Asanas, pranayamas, and badhas
- Yogic kriyas for cleansing the body and calming the mind
- proper meditation practices
- a clear understanding of the wisdom of yoga contained in the yoga scriptures – Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Bhavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and more
- how to use yogic wisdom in daily life and how to take yoga beyond the mat
- a basic understanding of Ayurveda and proper nutrition
- the different paths of yoga and their significance
The list goes on – not only will you learn this, but you will experience it all first-hand too. At the Sri Sri School of Yoga, a team of certified, dedicated, and experienced teachers are there to train you to become a certified, knowledgeable, and confident yoga teacher, and to guide and inspire you to discover the yogi in you.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Interested in learning more about Ayurveda and the programs at the Art of Living Retreat Center? Check out our annual catalog here!