Anthony Profeta, a meditation instructor, mindfulness authority, and sound specialist, leads you on a transformative voyage into the profound realms of your spiritual path. Immerse yourself in a harmonious fusion of meditation, yoga, soothing sounds, and wisdom drawn from the teachings of Edgar Cayce, the famed “sleeping prophet.”
In a safe, supportive, and nourishing environment, experience guided physical movement, meditation, mindfulness exercises, sound bathing, and one-on-one sharing, to rejuvenate your body, cultivate inner peace and clarity, and foster meaningful connection and personal growth.
- Diverse Spiritual Traditions Get profound insights into various traditions, deepening your understanding of the spiritual landscape.
- Empowerment Tap into your inner power and authentic confidence through transformative practices.
- Renewed Spiritual Journey Embark on a journey of renewal, where your spirit awakens to new possibilities and heightened awareness.
- Inner Transformation Experience a profound shift within yourself as you release stagnant energies and embrace your true empathic power.
- The Ability to Impact Others Positively As you transform, you gain the ability to positively influence others on their spiritual journeys.
- Wisdom Readings Explore the writings of Edgar Cayce, a renowned figure in holistic medicine and psychic phenomena, and learn how this knowledge can enrich your life
At the program’s conclusion, depart with a sense of wellness, spiritual guidance, and profound healing.
Join us for this illuminating journey of self-discovery, spiritual growth, and holistic rejuvenation led by a true expert in the field.
This program is for everyone.
Q: Who is Edgar Cayce?
A: Edgar Cayce was a 20th-century psychic renowned for his work in holistic medicine. He provided thousands of psychic readings—diagnosing illnesses and revealing past lives and future prophecies.
Anthony Profeta is a former medical student turned internationally renowned & professionally certified meditation teacher, mindfulness expert, and sound therapy specialist who has studied under the direct guidance of Jack Kornfield, Sharon Salzberg, and the Dalai Lama. His knowledge stems from over two decades of intensive study in monasteries and spiritual centers in the US, Nepal, Italy, and India. …
Rooms & Pricing
Private Hotel Room
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
- King bed or two full beds
- Flat screen TV
- Private bath
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily delicious vegetarian meals
- Complimentary tea/coffee & fresh fruit
- Daily yoga & meditation classes
- Access to fitness & steam rooms
Nurturing the Spirit
April 11–14, 2024
Subject to change.
Thursday 7:30–9:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am–12:00 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm and 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:00 pm and 2:00–4:00 pm
Sunday 9:00–11:00 am Room checkout is 11:00 am; luggage may be held at Reception.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
- 9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Thu–Sun
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Thu–Sun
- 1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike* | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
- 2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
- 4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Wed–Sat
- 5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Wed–Sat
- 7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
- 11:00 am–7:00 pm Friday & Saturday
Hand Building $55 | 1 hour
- 9:00 | 10:45 am Sunday
Wheel Throwing $75 all guests; glazing and shipping are included | semi-private class | 75 minutes
Wednesday 11:00–8:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday 9:00 am–6:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am–2:00 pm
We encourage you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness at least two weeks prior to your arrival date to ensure availability. Please call 828.264.8382 for details. Additional cost.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50/per person processing fee) up to 15 days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50/per person processing fee) is available if you give notice between 14 and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
Unless otherwise indicated, our programs are open to participants 18 years of age and older.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guests not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.
We do have lodging and event venues that are ADA-compliant. Due to the topography of our mountain campus, some are easier to access than others, so please speak to Guest Services (800.392.6870) prior to registering to ensure we can best accommodate your needs. We also have shuttles that run frequently throughout the campus.
We are committed to the safety of our guests and staff. Our mountaintop location and the surrounding areas are spacious, remote, safe, and secure.
- It is safe to leave your windows open—and necessary for proper airflow!
- Nature surrounds our campus, and it’s common to see rabbits, deer, gophers, wild turkeys, and other small animals. Please give them space, and they’ll do the same for you. We’ve never had a safety incident with animals on campus.
You can help!
- If you come across an animal on campus or a trail, give it space, and please do not attempt to pet or feed it.
- There’s no need to bring valuables to the retreat center; leaving them at home is best.